Comments on Sandy Hook I’d like to point out some things about the Sandy Hook shooting which are neither unforgivable nor ever forgettable. I notice that some facts are not being discussed, such as that it was the shooter’s mother who purchased these weapons. She also took her mentally ill son to the firing range for practice with the weapons. She left them unlocked and available to him. I keep my weapon locked in one safe and any ammo locked elsewhere. Is it not time to pass a hard law making those who do not lock up their weapons responsible, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees