Shampoo has replaced money and jewelry in an old bank vault in downtown Roseburg. The vault has been transformed into the shampoo area for Salon Volta, a business that opened Nov. 1 at 569 Jackson St. The building had been a bank and more recently was a jewelry store. The new business is owned by Kristie McLaughlin, who previously owned Hair Chemistry, a salon that was across the street. McLaughlin made the business change because she wanted space to expand, as well as room to teach and train others in the hairstyling profession. She changed her business name because “volta” …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees