Why re-create fire stations? I recently read that the Glide Fire District is sending out bids for an architectural firm to design its new fire station — at what cost to the taxpayer? Why not simply use one of the many plans on file with the Douglas County Planning Department? There have been quite a few new fire stations built around the county. Wouldn’t one of them suffice, with maybe with a little tweaking? There is a fairly new station in Melrose; likewise, Winston-Dillard and Myrtle Creek. The one in Camas Valley isn’t even finished yet. Why not use one …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees