Why re-create fire stations? I recently read that the Glide Fire District is sending out bids for an architectural firm to design its new fire station — at what cost to the taxpayer? Why not simply use one of the many plans on file with the Douglas County Planning Department? There have been quite a few new fire stations built around the county. Wouldn’t one of them suffice, with maybe with a little tweaking? There is a fairly new station in Melrose; likewise, Winston-Dillard and Myrtle Creek. The one in Camas Valley isn’t even finished yet. Why not use one …
Letter: Why recreate fire station plans in Douglas County?
- Swearing leads to altercation, arrests at Gaddis Park in Roseburg
- Belly dance competition provides outlet for women of all shapes and sizes
- Death Notices for June 17, 2013
- Meet Your Merchant: Roseburg brothers find partnership in Your Kitchen & Bath
- Police log: Man with dementia rides scooter onto highway