Debate on guns and end times Because of the ever-present debate on gun control, I offer the following comments. Before anyone forms an opinion on gun control, two things should be considered: 1. Gun control is more about government safety than public safety. 2. No dictatorship in any country has ever been complete without first disarming the citizens of its country. When it comes to the subject of the end of the world, I offer the following comment: When Jesus was asked when the end would come, he replied, “No man knoweth the hour, not even the angels in heaven.” …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees