Former sheriff supports Hanlin This letter is in support of Sheriff John Hanlin for his position and letter to Vice President Biden in regards to our Second Amendment rights. My name is Norman B. Neal and I am a retired Douglas County sheriff. I served from 1980 to 1989 as sheriff and retired from law enforcement with 33 years of service to Douglas County. Guns are getting the blame! Everyone should realize that there is much more to the issue than just guns. Our government fails to share that these tragic and heinous crimes were mostly committed by people with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees