New blue signs signal more than just a name change at the Douglas Inn, according to owner Amrik Rai. Rai says he’s tired of the bad publicity his Roseburg motel has received from crimes committed on or near the motel. “I want to tell the people in the community what we are doing. We are stopping old things and doing new things,” said Rai, who has owned the motel since 2009. On Tuesday, the inn at 511 S.E. Stephens St. became a Rodeway Inn, a national chain of economy motels. Rai said he has spent about $60,000 to bring the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees