There are many things to learn about, so why add weeds to your list? Because the more you know about weeds, the better you can control pesky infestations or prevent them from establishing in the first place. Weeds cause problems ranging from taking up space and excluding good plants to harming people, pets, livestock and wildlife. They also cause us to take costly control measures. Almost everyone is directly affected by weeds. My job includes assisting ranchers in growing quality forage (pasture and hay) for livestock. An important part of this includes keeping weeds out of the fields. In fact, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees