A routine cleaning brought a surprise for a new homeowner, who found two grenades in a garden shed around 12:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 40 block of Mary Ann Lane in Roseburg, police Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said today. The grenades were determined to be inactive and taken away by the Oregon State Police bomb squad from Medford. An elderly woman died and the family sold the house with all the contents in it. The new owner came upon the grenades on the counter in the detached shed, Eichenbusch said. The bomb squad determined one grenade was modified but inert and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees