GLIDE — Three finalists for Glide School District superintendent were grilled Monday evening by students, parents and school staff members about issues such as declining enrollment, eliminating the middle school and preserving extracurricular activities. About two dozen people attended a three-hour public forum at Glide High School to meet Mike Narkiewicz, Steve Staniak and Shawn Wiencek. The candidates for the full-time position rotated between the cafeteria, library and a science classroom, spending an hour at each place meeting with students and parents, district staff and the Glide School Board. Students, parents and staff filled out questionnaires about their impressions for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees