OAKLAND — North Douglas girls basketball coach Jeff Davis had a plan in place to stop Cora Gallop and Brooke Spencer, seventh-ranked Oakland’s top scorers. Gallop and Spencer had the size, though. And the athleticism. And, by Tuesday’s end, they had the Mountain View Conference championship, too. Davis’ triangle-and-two defense helped the Warriors contain the Oakers for most of the night, but Gallop and Spencer’s defense was even better in the fourth quarter when they converted seven fourth-quarter turnovers into an 11-0 run in their 38-29 win at the Nut House. Gallop, a 5-foot-10 sophomore guard, played the top of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees