WINCHESTER — Southwestern Oregon overcame a poor shooting night and pulled out a 68-66 Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges Southern Region basketball win over Umpqua on Wednesday. Riley Grandinetti led the Lakers of Coos Bay (11-10, 6-3 South) with 17 points. Anthony Heintzman added 14 points, hitting four 3-point field goals. Former North Medford standout Jared Knox had 24 points and eight rebounds for the Riverhawks (6-14, 3-6), shooting 7 of 7 from the line. Jeremy Smith chipped in 10 points and six rebounds. UCC shot 37 percent from the field. SOUTHWESTERN OREGON (68) — Riley Grandinetti 7-15 2-2 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees