SUTHERLIN — Sutherlin guard Miranda Mendenhall had a bit of a score to settle with coach Josh Grotting on Tuesday night. It turned out to be more like a vendetta by which the sophomore guard was possessed, however, and the result was the death of two school records. Mendenhall’s mock beef was birthed last Friday, when Grotting benched her and other starters for a quarter when they failed to play up to Grotting’s intensity during a win at North Bend. “She’s one of my favorite kids I’ve ever coached, but my expectations are really high for her,” Grotting said. “More …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees