U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden pledged Friday to extend the federal timber safety net for another year, buying time to come up with a new management plan for the 2.2 million acres of Oregon & California Railroad trust lands in Western Oregon. Wyden was joined by Montana Sen. Max Baucus, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and a supporter of the safety net program in the past. “Maintaining the federal government’s historic obligation to rural Oregon and to rural America has always been my top legislative priority,” Wyden said in a statement. “As the chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees