PORTLAND — Glide advanced nine wrestlers into the championship semifinals and took the team lead after the first day of the OSAA Class 3A state tournament Friday at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The Wildcats, seeking their first state wrestling title, compiled 94 points. Willamina (80) was second and Riverside (67.5) third. Staying in contention for titles were Ian Quimby (120 pounds), Devin Freeman (126), Michael Loomis (132), Walker Damewood (138), Garret Short (145), Jake Forrester (152), William Beard (152), Luke O’Connor (160) and Mikel Farley (170). In 6A, three-time defending champion Roseburg was in third place following the first day with …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees