Pink Sparkle Pony rifles “Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” — Vladimir Lenin Mark your calendars. June 15 is National Take Your Daughter to the Range Day. Like Gun Appreciation Day, it’s the National Rifle Association’s latest marketing ploy to insure that the billion-dollar gun manufacturing industry will continue to thrive. Shooting Industry Magazine advises that every gun store should have at least one pink gun on display. The market for traditional hunting guns has sharply declined, so the NRA is hoping that the “Barack Boom” in military-style …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees