Real estate developer Lew Marks was picked over three other candidates for a vacant seat and sworn in Monday as the newest Roseburg city councilor. After interviewing the contenders, most councilors said they were torn between Marks and a former councilor, Mike Baker. Baker held the Ward 4 seat for eight years before giving it up last year to make an unsuccessful run for mayor. Councilors said they favored Marks for his business experience and ability to work with people. Marks owned the now-closed Roseburg Athletic Club for 17 years and owns commercial and rental properties. His appointment filled a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees