Curb spending addiction now I read with dismay editorials like the one by Gene Lyons regarding the debt in which toward the end he states, “This year’s projected deficit is $600 billion smaller than when President Obama took office.” This implies President Obama has been working to lower the federal debt and nothing could be further from the truth. Although this year the president has less deficit than usual, that doesn’t help the overall picture of what the USA owes. According to the Bureau of Debt at the Treasury Department, public debt topped $16.687 trillion. When President Obama took office, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees