REDMOND — The Roseburg High baseball team displayed pitching depth, a lineup full of tough outs, and toughness in the clutch. Most importantly, the Indians came home from their first weekend of action with a 3-0 record. After an 11-0 rout of McMinnville on Friday at Legion Field, the Indians traveled to Redmond on Saturday and defeated West Salem, 11-1, and Redmond, 13-10 in 11 innings. Senior shorstop Kody Matthews — a fixture at the bottom of the Roseburg lineup the last two years — was the star of the weekend, going 9-for-12 at the plate in his debut at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees