BURNS — As the Glide High baseball team prepared to play its sixth game in as many days today, head coach Al Skinner joked he might have to burn some innings on the mound by pitching himself. The way the Wildcat lineup has been going, the veteran gray-haired coach could probably get away with it. For the fourth and fifth times this season, the Wildcats broke into double-digits with a 13-0 win against the Burns Hilanders and a 15-4 win against the Willamina Bulldogs on Tuesday at the Burns Icebreaker Tournament. Senior Brenden Fricke was in the middle of the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees