Lookingglass landscape contractor Dallas Heard has announced he will seek the District 2 seat in the Oregon House of Representatives currently filled by Rep. Tim Freeman, R-Roseburg. Freeman announced earlier this month he plans to run for a Douglas County commissioner seat and will not seek a third two-year term in Salem. Subsequently, Commissioner Joe Laurance, who holds the seat Freeman is seeking, said he would not run for a third four-year term. “This is something I want to have an impact on,” said Heard, 29. If Heard were in the Legislature now, he would be the youngest member among …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees