Miranda Mendenhall would trade in the individual honors for a state championship, but the Sutherlin High sophomore’s performance on the court during the 2012-13 season was admired by the Class 4A coaches. Mendenhall, the Far West League Player of the Year who helped the Bulldogs win the league title and finish third at the 4A state tournament, recently became the youngest Sutherlin girls basketball player to make the all-state first team. The 5-foot-6 guard was the lone sophomore on the first team, joining seniors Hannah Reynolds of state champion Mazama, Kassi Sanders of Cascade, Breanna Partney of La Grande and …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees