WINSTON — The Glide girls and Camas Valley boys claimed team titles at the Douglas Invitational track and field meet on Saturday. The Wildcats used their depth to score 109 points. Douglas was second (108.25), Sutherlin third (92.75), Oakland fourth (61.75) and Crow fifth (60). The Hornets edged the Douglas boys, 98-96.5, with New Hope Christian third (80), Crow fourth (78.5) and Oakridge fifth (70). Glide got wins from its 4x400 relay team of Madison Gladding, Kali Vickery, Eli Rappe and Savannah Espinosa (4:39.44), Gladding in the 300 hurdles (50.60) and Caroline Brown in the 1,500 (5:14.90). Finishing first for …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees