Marijuana (pot) is the most commonly used illicit drug the United States. As of 2010, 17.4 million or 16.9 percent of Americans were considered to be regular marijuana users. In recent years pot has lost its hype for being a potent drug. Because pot is viewed by many teens as being harmless, the usage among this age group has soared sky-high. The percentage of youth users, aged 12 to 17, increased from 6.7 percent in 2007 to 7.4 percent in 2010. There have been many studies that show the truth about how potent cannabis really is. Several of these studies …
Guest column: How dangerous is marijuana?
- Close to Home: Patrols change homeless picture downtown
- Close to Home: Homeless students hold tight to youthful dreams
- Extension Spotlight: Make clear, modest pledges to eat healthy foods in the New Year
- Neighbors: No routine day for Wildlife Safari veterinarian
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides