Maryssa Becker is more than just a pitcher. The 6-foot North Medford senior can also swing the bat with authority, with Monday’s performance against Roseburg as proof. Becker pitched a one-hitter with 17 strikeouts and stroked three hits, including a two-run homer, to propel the Black Tornado to a 6-1 win in a Southern Oregon Hybrid game at Stewart Park. Becker knocked in four runs as North — the defending Class 6A state champion — won its seventh straight contest to improve to 13-1 overall and 5-0 in conference. The Indians dropped to 5-3 and 1-1. “We’ve been working really …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees