A Roseburg man was arrested on suspicion of harassment after he allegedly threw a used hypodermic syringe at an officer Sunday night, Roseburg police said this morning. Mitchell Wayne Bissonnette, 29, was allegedly trespassing in the back parking lot of the old Phoenix School in the 700 block of Cass Avenue around 11:45 p.m. with five others when an officer searched the area, police said. Bissonnette allegedly threw a syringe at an officer, which struck the officer in the chest, but did not break the skin. He did not seek medical attention, Sgt. Jeff Eichenbusch said. Eichenbusch said the syringe …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees