These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all the incidents or their final outcomes. POLICE LOG Tuesday Douglas County sheriff 7:35 a.m. — A woman reported her 1968 Pontiac Firebird was stolen in the 3200 block of Rice Creek Road, Winston. 7:50 a.m. — Smoke in a house in the 900 block of Bull Run Road, Azalea. 9:40 a.m. — A man said someone tried to hide a green Pontiac Firebird on his property in the 1900 block of Sibold Canyon Road, Tenmile. 12:10 p.m. — …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees