A high-speed crash early Saturday on Diamond Lake Boulevard led to the arrest of two drivers on suspicion of reckless driving and reckless endangering, Roseburg police said. Jesse Michael Stout, 27, of Coos Bay and Joseph Michael Gazarek, 21, of Roseburg were seen by an officer leaving a parking lot in the 24000 block of Diamond Lake at about 2:15 a.m., police said. The westbound vehicles accelerated rapidly, and police estimated they were traveling close to 100 mph. Stout failed to make the turn from Diamond Lake onto Stephens Street, driving onto the sidewalk and rolling the 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees