After capturing two titles, Roseburg High School graduate Ally Malone hopes to bring home one more. Malone, who graduated this month, departed Saturday for Mobile, Ala., where she will represent Oregon and compete against 49 other young women June 27-29 seeking to become the Distinguished Young Woman of America. She has been preparing for the competition since August, when she won the state title in Salem. “I’m a little bit anxious about the competition, but I think that’s normal. I just want to make Douglas County and Oregon proud,” said Malone, 18. “I think I’ve done everything I can to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees