WILBUR — Second-generation winemaker Marc Girardet of Girardet Wines in Tenmile came home Wednesday, sipped a couple of glasses of wine and reflected on what he calls a miracle. “It was definitely an experience I won’t forget,” he said today. Girardet, 38, was flying his Cessna Cardinal RG airplane when it lost power, forcing him to make an emergency landing shortly before 2 p.m. on Interstate 5 near Milepost 131 north of Roseburg. He landed safely with the help of his passenger, Doug Denham of Aloha, who looked below for a clearing in southbound traffic, the men told The News-Review …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees