A 39-year-old Riddle motorcyclist was injured when he crashed after narrowly avoiding a collision with a pickup around 3:30 p.m. Monday, the Douglas County Sheriff’s office said today. Marc Ferguson was riding a 2001 Yamaha motorcycle on Prunder Road to Riddle Bypass when he was almost hit by a pickup at the Riddle Bypass intersection. The pickup driver, Christopher Wright, 33, stopped at a stop sign and then went into the intersection and into the path of Ferguson, deputies said. The vehicles did not collide, but Ferguson lost control of his motorcycle and crashed. Ferguson was taken to Mercy Medical …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees