A 76-year-old Tri City man was arrested Sept. 8 on suspicion of sex abuse after he inappropriately touched a 6-year-old girl, the Douglas County Sheriff’s office said today. The girl reported that Warren Evans touched her inappropriately while she was at his home around 8 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Cameron Lane, officials said. The victim was known to Evans, officials said. Deputies contacted Evans at his residence, interviewed him and arrested him on suspicion of first-degree sex abuse. He was transported to Douglas County Jail and held today in lieu of $100,000. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees