Police officers, firefighters, veterans and members of the military waited on tables at several Douglas County restaurants Thursday to earn tips for Up2UsNow’s child abuse prevention programs. The Challenge of the Heroes fundraiser had the special servers taking and delivering orders at tables, filling water glasses and doing other restaurant-related jobs.
FEATURE PHOTOS: Challenge of the Heroes
Trending in: Ticker
- Photos from the Riddle fire camp
- Neighbors: Colorful Roseburg lawyer Andrew Johnson offers clients style and substance
- Umpqua Community College president moves to bring back baseball
- E. Oregon mustang roundup plan criticized
- Roseburg man suspected of burglarizing Taco Time