Police officers, firefighters, veterans and members of the military waited on tables at several Douglas County restaurants Thursday to earn tips for Up2UsNow’s child abuse prevention programs. The Challenge of the Heroes fundraiser had the special servers taking and delivering orders at tables, filling water glasses and doing other restaurant-related jobs.
FEATURE PHOTOS: Challenge of the Heroes
Trending in: Ticker
- Photos from the Riddle fire camp
- USADA strips Armstrong of 7 Tour de France titles
- NW sun-splashed while SW doused
- Roseburg chiropractor Todd Hansen surrenders license
- Roseburg man arrested for dealing heroin near school