Police officers, firefighters, veterans and members of the military waited on tables at several Douglas County restaurants Thursday to earn tips for Up2UsNow’s child abuse prevention programs. The Challenge of the Heroes fundraiser had the special servers taking and delivering orders at tables, filling water glasses and doing other restaurant-related jobs.
FEATURE PHOTOS: Challenge of the Heroes
Trending in: Ticker
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- Top 5 plays for Superbowl with kids | Moms
- Two Myrtle Creek residents rescued from South Umpqua River
- Umpqua Community College nearing $5.4 million goal for health building