Four students — one from Oregon and three from Spain — are participating this fall in an exchange program to foster connections between Southern Oregon and Spanish wineries. “It’s great for the future,” said Earl Jones, owner of Abacela Winery in Lookingglass. “We are out breeding thought and culture.” Sarah Griffis, a second-year student of the Southern Oregon Wine Institute at Umpqua Community College, is interning at the Dominio de Cair winery in Spain. Meanwhile, Spanish winemaking students are interning at Abacela Winery and Delfino Vineyards in Roseburg and Troon Vineyard in Grants Pass. They are the first Spanish students …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees