Two men spotted drinking beer in the downtown parking garage tried to run away from police shortly after midnight Saturday but were caught and found to be carrying concealed knives, police said. James Kelly Gilbert, 21, and Danny Steven Zachau, 23, both of Roseburg, were cited on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespassing, carrying a concealed weapon and drinking in public. They were booked into the Douglas County Jail and released. Police said the two men ran from the parking garage in the 500 block of Southeast Rose Street when a patrol vehicle approached. They were contacted about one block away …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees