The two survivors of a boat wreck Sunday that claimed the life of a woman off the north jetty at Coos Bay were identified by officials Wednesday as Roseburg and Reedsport men. Dan Campbell, 53, of Roseburg and Bruce Geddie, 50, of Reedsport climbed onto the jetty after a 30-foot commercial fishing boat was pushed against the rocks by a wave. The body of 50-year-old Vera-Jeane Saltzman, whose town of residence was not available, was recovered by the Coast Guard at 6:45 p.m. Monday about 11/2 miles southwest of the entrance to Coos Bay, Chief Petty Officer Charles Morgan said. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees