About 10 members of Cub Scout Pack 199 from Roseburg, patrol for trash around the Stewart Park Duck Pond and nearby trails near the Roseburg Fred Meyer store, as part of their efforts to earn badges for community service. The scouts spent about an hour in the rainy weather Monday afternoon, gathering several bags of trash in the area. Gabe Wilson, left, and Nathan Steep examine a piece of garbage. RIGHT: Samuel Long, 7, left, uses his tongs to reach a leaf from a tree while Gabe Wlson looks on Monday.
- The News-Review
These logs are the highlights of initial emergency calls and reports to the Douglas County Dispatch Center. They do not represent all of the incidents or their final outcomes.
- How to tell if your total solar eclipse glasses are legit
- Viewing the eclipse from Douglas County
- Police log: Man buys animals to torture and kill
- Firefighters continue struggle to contain Umpqua North Fire Complex
- Cody Wayne Sams
- Wildfire closes Highway 138E; Dry Creek, Last Chance at Level 3 "Go" order
- Another Variation on the Selfie: Get Ready for the Elfie
- Call racism what it is: evil
- Solar eclipse will be a special sight
- The American 'Left' — America’s new Taliban?
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Click for water temperature
Looking for a Special Section, please click here to view all of our current Special Sections.