About 10 members of Cub Scout Pack 199 from Roseburg, patrol for trash around the Stewart Park Duck Pond and nearby trails near the Roseburg Fred Meyer store, as part of their efforts to earn badges for community service. The scouts spent about an hour in the rainy weather Monday afternoon, gathering several bags of trash in the area. Gabe Wilson, left, and Nathan Steep examine a piece of garbage. RIGHT: Samuel Long, 7, left, uses his tongs to reach a leaf from a tree while Gabe Wlson looks on Monday.
Looking for a Special Section, please click here to view all of our current Special Sections.
- Douglas County libraries slated to close April 1
- UPDATE: Police charge 15 students involved with pot brownie sale at Roseburg High School
- DINT bust alleged meth dealer near Fir Grove Elementary School
- Dominic John Ravera
- Police log: Subjects stole fire extinguisher, peed in store and threw magazines around
- Police log: Son and girlfriend won't leave after coming over for Thanksgiving dinner
- Police log: Two men seen with handguns drawn in Oakland
- Sutherlin to spend $2.8M on Central Avenue
- Car drives through Karen's Coffee Cup
- Missing person sought
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.