About 10 members of Cub Scout Pack 199 from Roseburg, patrol for trash around the Stewart Park Duck Pond and nearby trails near the Roseburg Fred Meyer store, as part of their efforts to earn badges for community service. The scouts spent about an hour in the rainy weather Monday afternoon, gathering several bags of trash in the area. Gabe Wilson, left, and Nathan Steep examine a piece of garbage. RIGHT: Samuel Long, 7, left, uses his tongs to reach a leaf from a tree while Gabe Wlson looks on Monday.
Looking for a Special Section, please click here to view all of our current Special Sections.
- Deputies on scene of a reported gunshot victim at Rose Villa Apartments
- Teen being investigated for DUII after crash involving U-Trans bus sends 3 to hospital
- Suspect in custody after Lane Avenue standoff
- Cleaning up an eyesore in south Roseburg
- Roseburg man expected to survive after Rose Villa shooting
- Police log: Bag of clothes likely connected to 'ladies of the night'
- Man arrested at Downtown Fitness
- Why I won't stop rooting for the fairy tale
- Roseburg woman arrested on heroin charges after high-speed police pursuit
- Commentary: Kalli Frieze, North Douglas girls carry on after losing teammate
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.