OREGON CITY — Hayley Reynolds turned in a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds as the Umpqua Community College women’s basketball team opened its season Friday with an easy 101-37 win over the Olympic Rangers in the first round of the Clackamas Thanksgiving Invitational. Reynolds, a former Yoncalla High standout, shot 7 of 10 from the line. Asia Lawson-Jordon had 17 points and seven rebounds, Christal Jeff 12 points and four steals, and Kyndal Charleston 11 points for UCC. Saturday’s game was not available by press time. OLYMPIC (37) — Leahi Lindsey 5-13 2-2 13, Jennings 1-7 3-4 5, …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees