EUGENE — The Umpqua Community College men’s basketball team slipped in the second half and fell against Pierce Saturday, 103-67 at Lane’s Dale J. Bates Invitational. Zach Ginter, a 6-foot-6 forward from Las Vegas, scored a team-high 21 points for UCC (3-5 overall), and Jeremy Smith had 17 points and eight rebounds. Tyrell Lewis scored a game-high 24 points and added seven rebounds and five assists for Pierce (5-2). PIERCE 103, UMPQUA 67 PIERCE (103) — Tyrell Lewis 9-9 5-6 24, Kuiper 6-8 1-3 13, Emmerson 3-4 3-4 10, Palmer 4-9 1-2 10, Krumpos 6-8 1-3 9, B. Clanton 4-8 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees