LOOKINGGLASS — A week of wild weather has taken its mark on power lines, highways and Nancy Cummins’ porch. The largest tree in her six-acre yard in the 4000 block of Colonial Road fell during Sunday’s windstorm and crashed into the wraparound deck of her Craftsman house. Her longtime home remains inhabitable, but the porch is still a mess. “It’s crazy. Here it is Christmas, and it’s sad my house has significant damage,” Cummins said Thursday. The oak tree, which Cummins estimated was more than 200 years old, came down 10 minutes after another tree fell in her yard, snapping …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees