BEND — The tandem of McKenna McGowan and Leslie Robinson was a little too much for the Roseburg High girls basketball team on Saturday. McGowan scored 24 points and Robinson — the daughter of Oregon State men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson — added 20 as Corvallis pulled out a 69-64 win over the Indians in double overtime in the Les Schwab Holiday Tournament. The loss was the second straight for Roseburg (8-2), which fell 52-47 to The Dalles/Wahtonka on Friday in the round-robin tournament. The Indians battled back from a nine-point deficit with six minutes left in regulation and took …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees