MYRTLE POINT — Glide wrestling coach Jeff Freeman puts his team in the early discussion for the Class 3A state title, along with defending champion Nyssa and Willamina. The Wildcats continued their progress on the mat by winning the team title in the 18-team Myrtle Point Invitational on Saturday, finishing with five individual champions. Sophomore Devin Freeman, the son of the coach, pinned all three of his opponents en route to the 132-pound title and was named the Most Outstanding Wrestler for the lower weights. Freeman is 17-4 on the season. Other champions for the Wildcats included sophomore Alex Holland …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees