The Roseburg girls basketball team survived a tough, physical battle with North Medford on Tuesday night at Robertson Memorial Gym, working overtime to earn its third Southern Oregon Hybrid victory. Senior guard Shelby Snook scored five of her season-high 27 points in the extra session as the 10th-ranked Indians kept the Black Tornado winless in league play with a 53-47 win. North Medford’s Jocilynn Ellis banked in a 3-point field goal with 0.6 seconds left in regulation to force the overtime. “A little bit too exciting for my liking, going into overtime,” said Roseburg senior post Stefenie Griggs. “But I’m …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees