WINCHESTER — It was a depressing evening for the Umpqua Community College women’s basketball team on Wednesday. The No. 6-ranked Riverhawks lost their Southern Region game to No. 1 Lane, 75-53, all but knocking them out of the league title race. More importantly, though, Umpqua could be without sophomore forward Hayley Reynolds for the rest of the season after the former Yoncalla star went down with a knee injury late in the first half. The 5-foot-10 Reynolds — a candidate for all-league honors as UCC’s leading scorer (16.95 points) and rebounder (8.9) — was injured with 2:37 left before halftime …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees