EAGLE POINT — Top-ranked Roseburg High bounced back from a loss at last weekend’s Oregon Wrestling Classic by dominanting a nonleague dual against Eagle Point, registering five pins in a 60-9 victory. Toby Dill (113 pounds), Tommy Dill (120) and Chad Jones (126) started the night with consecutive wins by fall. Cameron Mesa (145) and top-ranked Reed Van Anrooy (152) had the Indians’ other pins. Peyton Mesa perhaps had Roseburg’s win of the night at 132 pounds, defeating Alek Callahan, ranked No. 3 in the 5A weight class, in a 5-2 decision. Eagle Point’s Johnny Wilkerson, ranked No. 1 at …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees