OREGON CITY — The Umpqua Community College men’s basketball team saw its three-game winning streak snapped at Clackamas in a 76-61 loss in NWAACC Southern Region play on Saturday. Brock Lutes, a sophomore guard from Newport, finished with a double-double with his 12 points and 13 rebounds for Clackamas (10-11 overall, 2-5 South) and Michone Hopkins scored a team-high 13 points. Umpqua (6-12, 3-4) was led in scoring by Jared Knox, who finished with a game-high 24 points and a grabbed a team-high six rebounds. UMPQUA (61) — Jared Knox 7-13 9-9 24, Smith 4-9 1-3 10, Bolston 2-7 1-3 …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees