ASHLAND SOU’s Lofstedt honored by NAIA Top-ranked 125-pounder Mitchell Lofstedt of Southern Oregon University, a Roseburg High graduate, was named the NAIA National Wrestler of the Week for the second time in three weeks after another dominant weekend of competition, the national office announced Wednesday. Lofstedt, a senior, improved his season record to 26-1 with five victories in three days last week, including three consecutive wins against NCAA Div. I opponents to earn the 125-pound title at the California Collegiate Open. A two-time NAIA national champion, Lofstedt will compete at Southern Oregon’s Bob Riehm Arena for the final time this …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees