Others choose laws to enforce This is regarding letters complaining that our Sheriff can’t pick and choose what laws to enforce, because it could lead to chaos and anarchy. I guess that’s true, but he’s in good company. Obama openly said there are laws he wouldn’t enforce. Eric Holder, Attorney General, said the same about immigration laws he doesn’t like. John Morton, Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, tells his agents which laws to enforce and which to ignore. Recently, an ICE agent testified that they were told it’s no longer a crime to be here illegally and unless they …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees