Concerned for Safari animals In little more than a year, two giraffes — Kipandi and Hodari — have died at Wildlife Safari. Kipandi was six years old and Hodari was 15. It is my hope that these deaths cause people to pause and re-evaluate Wildlife Safari. More than 500 animals are contained in the 600-acre park, yet the Wildlife Safari website boasts that the animals are “in their natural habitat freely roaming much as they do in the wild.” But the fact is that this is essentially an animal-themed amusement park. The presence of a petting zoo, camel rides, a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees