WINCHESTER — Even with a few minutes remaining and a 17-point lead, Elkton boys basketball coach Gary Trout wasn’t letting up. Trout bounced on the sideline at the site of a loose ball, yelling: “Grab the stinkin’ ball!” The Elks had given Umpqua Valley Christian an opening before, but refused to do it again Saturday in the Skyline League Tournament championship game. Energy was on Elkton’s side from wire to wire in its 58-40 win over the Monarchs. Colton Maxwell scored 17 points, Tracey Doudna 14 and Brandon Bowen 13 as all 12 players on the roster were used to …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees