COQUILLE — Glide wrestling coach Jeff Freeman had no complaints after 16 Wildcats qualified for the Class 3A state tournament at Saturday’s District 3 meet at Coquille High School. The Wildcats had eight individual champions and rolled to their third consecutive district crown, compiling 345 points. Coquille was second with 237 points and Lakeview third with 178. “It was a good performance today by the kids,” said Freeman, adding the 16 state qualifiers is the most the Wildcats have ever had. “They wrestled hard and aggressive. This sets us up to compete for the state championship (next weekend in Portland).” …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees